Wednesday 20 January 2010

My First Blog - what to expect...

I have the strong suspicion that I am going have to exert great control in all my Blogs to prevent them from becoming angry rants, or a place to vent my ire at anything from global events, national disgraces or people that get on the bus and proceed to spend 5 minutes getting their bag, looking for their purse, sorting through half a ton of shrapnel before promptly dropping said ton of shrapnel on the floor and then spending another 5 minutes picking it up and trying desperately to find the 20p piece that they were sure had been in the purse but then suddenly remembered giving it to their friend to buy a paper earlier that mroning, before getting their ticket (having asked the bus driver to rip it from the machine for fear of a paper cut) THEN without moving from the spot right in front of the driver thus preventing the long queue of people still waiting to get on the bus most of them being stuck out in the raid,taking time to put the change back in their purse, the purse is then put in the bag, the bag placed on their arm, followed by a compulsory straightening of their coat and then moving off down the bus to find a seat next to someone so they can complain why the buses are always so late!

See, done it already, looks like this is going to be the trend for the future; expect nothing less reader.

I am going to take this opportunity to thank Steve and Mark, whose Blogs have inspired me to start my own. As a result I insist that they read them.

I cannot hope to match the sheer political eloquence and poignancy of Steve Tierney or the camp, animal loving abandon of Mark Adams, however what I can do is my own thing, influenced by many things...

I have passed the tender age of 40, and though I still have the thoughts and, thank the Gods, the faculties (mostly) of my youth, I have the wisdom or more accurately the hindsight of age.

I have a job, I have a wonderful wife and 2 (mostly) fantastic children and a roof over our heads.

And I love games, more specifically role playing games, be they online, live role playing or whetever, I am a fan of the worlds of goblins and trolls. I'd say elves but I spent most of my early role playing days killing them not being them although I soon realised that being a nasty, megalomaniacal, murdering character was not as much fun in the long run and made things difficult socially.

So my view on life comes from a career in the law, a borderline mis-spent youth and all things dice related.

I have widened my areas of interest to include a great number of things, two of them being beer and cooking; usually at the same time. So don't be surprised if they play a big part in the blogs as both are my mental therapy.

So be prepared for, well I am not sure actually, and thank you for using some precious moments of your life reading my drivel; there will be more to come.

TAG (The Ageing Gamer)

No comments:

Post a Comment